At 8 Branches, we promote holistic health care based on the fundamental principle that good health comes from physical, mental/emotional and spiritual well-being. Chinese medicine embraces prevention and self-care practices, using non-invasive treatments that support a person’s natural abilities to heal.
- Treat the whole person, not the disease
- Recognize the body-mind-spirit connection
- Support a person’s natural abilities to heal
- Embrace prevention and self-care practices
- Focus on finding balance in life and health
Chinese medicine is one of the oldest and most comprehensive models of care. Not only is Chinese medicine holistic in its approach, it is rooted in Taoist philosophy. Taoism reflects on our relationship with our environment, focusing on the importance of our interactions with nature and its subsequent effects on our health and well being.
The 8 Branches of Chinese Medicine are:
- Herbal Medicine
- Tui Na – acupressure
- Tai Chi – movement
- Qi Gong – breath work
- Feng Shui – environmental influence